“LOCKDOWN TO LATCHDOWN”
How has the recruitment market fared in Yorkshire since 23rd March?
The past 10 weeks have been some of the strangest weeks in the UK recruitment market and in our combined 122 years’ in the Yorkshire finance market. Among all of the challenges we have seen two overriding positive messages:
- There has still been some very successful recruitment. Although the market has slowed, there have been some excellent moves for employers and candidates
- Employers, candidates and consultants have learned some valuable & positive lessons, which will leave a lasting influence on how we will all recruit in the future
Some of the clients & candidates we have worked with over the past 8 weeks have helped us pull together a short series of articles on their experiences, lessons learned and key messages for the future. Covering the following areas, we will share these articles over the next two weeks;
- Recruiting during lockdown – Has it been positive and how has it been different?
- Attending interviews during lockdown – How have candidates gone the extra mile to make a telling difference?
- Starting a new permanent job in lockdown – Practical and emotional experiences from day one
- Starting a temporary job in lockdown – How can you make an immediate impact and ensure that you are meeting every objective set?
The first article will be published on Wednesday 3rd June. Please follow our LinkedIn or Twitter pages to make sure you receive updates.